Thursday, March 16, 2006

I'm home!

...and it feels so good. My everyday world feels like it's in bloom once again--and literally, it is. There is an explosion of amaryllis red in the living room. We love our plants...and once in awhile they even love us in return.

As for the animals...aww, their tails haven't stopped wagging since I walked in the door last night. I missed them so much...and Vinny too. We even went out for breakfast together to celebrate my return. Do I feel loved? Yes. Did it feel good to get away? Yes. But even better to return.

Now, however, it is time to get to work. The sun is shining across my desk (and the purring cat stretched out on my desk), spilling across my keyboard and onto my white-white hands and arms. I think I might even enjoy this. And THAT, my friends, is a GOOD feeling.

(ps. more on Chicago to come)

2 comments:

Amber said...

I love that feeling of coming home, too, especially when people (and animals) missed me while I was gone. And I'm jealous of your flowers. We returned from the North Shore to find our only living plant on the living room floor in a pile of broken pottery and potting soil. When our cats get bored, plants die.

Loralee Choate said...

I kill plant life faster than anyone I know. Any that escape are hunted down and destroyed (and usually pee'd on as well) by my cat, Wilbur.