Sunday, April 09, 2006

still here, just barely

I've been hanging out in my studio, writing, lately. It's been working well--maybe because I don't have internet down there or because I don't have a phone or my cat crying for me to pay attention to her or any other distractions. There are random moments when I realize that I am absolutely focused. Of course, this realization always brings me back out of my "zone," but I'm getting fairly good at forcing myself back into it--it's a sort of mental corralling.

Still, I 'm moving painfully slow with things, but I'm thankful for the extra space in the studio. The mental decluttering has done wonders.

...and that is where I'm headed now.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm finding myself a bit envious of the space, and the time, and the drive. Reading about your reminscence of travels lately has caused my own feet to itch more. I'm striving to survive in the chaos I thought would be calm as slack tide. It certainly isn't easy.

Cate said...

I am so glad that you are in your "zone!" I have a lovely image of a sun-filled studio and you, hunched over a page, scribbling away!

It sounds like you are headed in the perfect direction!

Loralee Choate said...

That sounds lovely. There are many days that I wish I had a hidy hole to retreat to!

Amber said...

Eric and I drove past the other night and saw your light on. It looked cozy, and I'm glad that it's also helping you work.

Endment said...

Ihave a retreat but phone seems to constantly break in at the most creative moment.

Glad you have a place of your own and you are enjoying creativity!!!

Art quote: "Painting is poetry that is seen rather than felt, and poetry is painting that is felt rather than seen." - Leonardo da Vinvi

tara dawn said...

Glad to hear you are finding your focus, and even training yourself to get back on track when the mind begins to wander. You'll have to teach me some tricks, girl!
Sorry I've been a bit absent lately. The move, and upcoming finals, are consuming me.
Thinking of you (and hoping you'll send me some pics of you...pretty please!!!).
Love ya,
Tara Dawn