Thursday, April 20, 2006

Celebrating the Plums...

Today was filled with a bit o' the unexpected when I was informed that I received the Plums Award for creative nonfiction. Really? Me? Ok--well, that made my day!

Vinny helped me to celebrate by buying me plums. Now really, how sweet is that?

And since my good friend and writing companion, Erin, won the Plum for fiction, I'm saving one for her.

However, Plums weren't all I got... LOOK! I got more sidewalk chalk, too!


WHOOPEEE!!
I am very excited--can you tell?

(ps. the 2nd picture is,
quite possibly, the worst photo ever taken of me [or not].
however, I am so proud of my chalk
that I have decided to post it anyway)

8 comments:

liz elayne lamoreux said...

Oh Congratulations! An award for writing, fresh plums and new sidewalk chalk. Really, what more could a girl want??!!
Fantastic!

POLiTiCk said...

Congrats on the Plum! They look delicious.

Anonymous said...

Congrats my dear friend! I am SO proud of you...and yummy, yummy plums! Plus sidewalk chalk, and the big pile of books for endless summer reading (I'm still unpacking mine:) and then your literary genius of a kitty...what more could a girl want???
So glad to see your smiling face...wish I could be there to decorate the sidewalks with you.
Love,
TD

Joy Eliz said...

congrats!!!
and look how beautiful you are!

Anonymous said...

Well done, you! Fantastic news. Enjoy all the plums life has to offer.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! This is great news! Would love to read your award winning entry. Celebrate!!

Elizabeth Krecker said...

Congratulation! I'm so happy for you and I hope your plum award inspires you to more great things!

Loralee Choate said...

Ummm...plums and sidewalk chalk! YUMMY.

I also think the pics are cute. Cute hair and I love your sweater...