Tuesday, April 11, 2006

exhausted and obsessed: these are signs of spring

I've spent a considerable amount of the day in a complete daze. It's been in the 70's all day, including this morning at 5 am when I took wolfie for a walk. The warm weather feels wonderful. I've been enjoying the comfortableness of a tank top, capris, and flipflops. But, unfortunately, I am not a warm weather person. My energy level is completely zapped.

I barely made it through class, and then office hours, and then running a few errands before slipping into an afternoon stupor that ended in a nap. It was a glorious nap (there was even music playing in my head--beautiful music, nonetheless). While picking up a few essentials at Target, I splurged and bought myself a silk eye pillow filled with lavender. It cost a whopping $4, but caused me to sleep like a baby. It was worth every penny. I put it in the freezer first, so it was cold. Then I opened all the bedroom windows (after first going outside and ripping the plastic off). The soft breeze combined with the relaxing smell of lavender was very close to the feeling of heaven.

Since the nap, I've spent the rest of the day obsessing over lost items. I've been looking for the adaptor for my bike tires so that I can air them up (damn hybrid bikes!) and my hacky sack. I found the hack after several hours of looking. It was in a shoebox filled with banjo strings, christmas bells, guitar picks, and extra computer cords. The tire adapter is still at large. And this is the problem with moving. I am still disorganized even though I moved way back in October. At this point, the only reason to organize anything is to make the next move a little easier. I've already decided on having a few more rummage sales. I've got junk coming out of my ears. And there are those half dozen boxes or so than I never dealt with the first time around that have now come back to haunt me. They are "junk" boxes and hold all the things I'm usually looking for when I can't find something--although not always (like today).

Finding the hack, however, resulted in game #2 with the neighbors. Too bad they're running off to Europe this summer. We could use the practice. :)-

10 comments:

Endment said...

OH ----- you have me longing for "a glorious nap"

Kristine said...

I'm not a warm weather person either. So, while the constant rain we are getting in California is stating to get really depressing, I am glad that it hasn't gotten hot yet. I hope the rest of the week goes well for you. Sounds like bike riding is in the near future for you...


P.S. My husband got me hooked on the lavender eye pillows!

Loralee Choate said...

I just love lavender eye masks. YUM.

I'm glad for the nap...I had one to and it ROCKED. My mother always used to say I would long for naps when I grew up but I didn't believe her.

I hate it when my mother is right!

Loralee Choate said...

P.S. Your previous post made me curious about your barn, why you left, etc.

So, I did the rare (and in the blogging world, the flattering)thing of strolling through your archives.

It's been a lovely hour.

I've loved what I read, from your anniversaries, being sick of Virginia W.,losing your grandpa, whacking off your hair, SEEING A PHOTO of you!, Actually-seeing a lot of photos(Which are wonderful and more would be welcomed), your art, the oblivious rich architect that lost a great painting over a piddly thing like 'brick color', and your intense Marigold writing space.

Just wanted to let you know (again)that I like reading you, past and present!

Anonymous said...

I wish I could sleep with an eye pillow on, but I always feel like something is attacking my face.

bee said...

i found you through lynn's blog, and i must say, from the little i read, i am ENCHANTED. you sound downright lovely. i'll be back as soon as i can, if that's all right?

(i think it was the sidewalk chalk that charmed me.)

Anonymous said...

ummm lavender eye pillows-- must get one of those---

~bluepoppy

Belle said...

The eye mask. mmmmmmm!!

The junk. I have too much of it also.

The looking for lost items. Sounds familiar and maddening.

Regards.

HoBess said...

How funny we are both thinking about moving! I love sleeping in the breeze and think an eye pillow would be a lovely treat. Thanks for the idea! As for the boxes, I read that when you pack up stuff you should date the outside of the box. If you don't go in it for 12 months you should just toss it without ever opening it. While this sounds like a great way to reduce clutter I doubt I could resist the temptation of finding out what I was getting rid of! Hope you find the adaptor soon!

liz elayne lamoreux said...

i love flip flop weather but i hate tank top weather (does that make sense?)
and i have to admit that i still have boxes in the garage since our move in the summer of 04. i mean really. junk indeed. if someone just wisked those boxes away would i even notice? love the idea of the rummage sales. i just love tha word...rummage...