Friday, June 01, 2007

slow starts...

It's 10 am. I feel greasy, I need a shower, and I have to go to work soon. I pour myself another cup of coffee because it feels good to be actually still sitting here. Once again, I am surrounded my all of my sleeping animals. When this happens I feel like there should be angels singing. Or maybe it is just my heart singing.

There is a woman who parks outside of our house every day to take her big yellow lab for a walk in the woods. A few weeks ago she met Louie and gushed about how she wished she could get a puppy too. She pulled up a few minutes ago and guess what jumped out of her truck. Yep--a puppy! I had to laugh as she struggled with her jumping dogs and an over abundance of tangled leashes as she set off down the trail. I bet I look just as comical trying to get my own dogs to walk straight. I had to hold myself back from running outside to meet her new little one. She looked like her hands were full enough. Anyway, my hair is standing on end--I would hate to scare her with such a bad case of bedhead.

It's cloudy and I'm not feeling very energetic today. I want to stay home and read books while laying out in the hammock. Lately, this is my constant desire. I am currently reading a half a dozen books and want nothing more than to finish even just one! Oh, but they are some good books. I love working in a bookstore for this reason, but my stack of "to-read" is getting dangerously high. When will I ever have time to read this many?

Oh books, sweet books...puppies and books. What would life be like without such sweetness?

7 comments:

Leah said...

indeed!

your post made me smile. thank you for that. :-) laying in a hammock reading sounds dreamy...simply dreamy.

and omg, your questions are so awesome! teehee! they're going to be oh so much fun to answer. :-)

Amber said...

Ha! yes, i took a holiday job at Borders last year for extra money. It was Baaaaaad. I spent all my "extra" and then some! And I still have so many to read!!

:)

Olivia said...

Beautiful post, Jessie. I truly love how you take ordinary life events and feelings and craft them into something so vivid and...I can't think of the right word, but what I mean is "that-makes-you-feel-like-
you're-right-there". Hope this makes sense and hope you had a great day.
So many books, so little time! (I actually bought a book with that title---I haven't had time to read it yet, though!)

Kristine said...

I have been wandering through bookstores running my hands across book bindings and wishing I had time for pleasurable books... I even have 33 bucks left on my Borders card!
Ahh, I long for summer and graduation...

The Dream said...

I'm BACK! Blogspot was being moody and I was disconnected - aaaarrrgggh! I love reading your posts! Nice that the yellow lab owner went out and got a puppy! More is better!!! What a good influence you are!

Anonymous said...

yes - it was a very comforting post!

I loved the photos of the children singing below. ara is a beauty!

meghan said...

which books are you reading that are so good?? I'd love to have such a good feeling. Puppies and books - I think I need to climb inside a happy day like that!!