Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Technically, it's the first day of summer and I'm thinking that a cold snap wouldn't be half bad.

Wolfie, the outside dog, has been scratching at the door all morning to get in. Not because it's cold out. Not because there's a storm or too much wind. But because it's hot and the mosquitos are eating us alive out here! Oh yes, it is the price we pay for all this beautiful green. Mosquitos are also why I like winter so much. I have just the right size molecules for their little beaks to fit into. I itch. I itch. I itch. And although I know I am in the minority here... wouldn't some cold weather feel good? Anu agrees.

For now I am off to town in search of a writing oasis with less bugs. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Aspen said...

Mosquitos are evil.
Snow is great!
You're absolutely right.

Berne said...

Mosquitoes are evil but so is snow! Maybe some nice early summer 65-75, no bugs.