Monday, August 18, 2008

Puppy love.

Photo of Louie and Ella taking a nap together
mere hours after her arrival. And, no, this photo was not set up.
One would think that they've known each other their entire life.


At the moment there is a puppy asleep at my feet. It is late and she is making little suckling sounds. I imagine that she is dreaming about her mama...the way that little puppies do. I reach my foot to touch her and she stretches, then snuggles in close. She is a lover and has barely left my side since since she got here.

Today is our new baby's first day with us. We had to postpone her arrival due to a house full of painters redoing ceilings and windows...and the concrete workers who came with their jack hammers and concrete saws...and the Renaissance Festival that swallowed up several whole days.

But finally...finally she is here and life just couldn't get much better than this. Our dear girl, she is a perfect fit. ;)

We've renamed her "Ella"--short for Eleanor. Named after Eleanor Roosevelt, she is my little "Be Brave" girl...and I am already hopelessly in love.

~

18 comments:

Unknown said...

So sweet!
For a minute I thought you had Louie Armstrong and Ella Fitzgerald! The name makes sense though - such a great reminder of this time of your life...

GreenishLady said...

Oh... welcome to that sweet little thing. I'm so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

oh, that's too darn cute!!!! Smiles to you and your fuzzy family.

pERiWinKle said...

Congratulations on the new baby! Hope she brings you leaps of joy! and braveness! xx

Sharon said...

The pictures say it all... she is relaxed, accepted by Louie, and knows she is in a home filled with love... It doesn't get any better!

Deirdre said...

Awwww...

Anonymous said...

Sweet :-). How is Ode doing?

Jessie said...

laundrygirl...yes, you are right too! vinny is a die hard jazz fan...i am a die hard eleanor fan. it works for both of us. ;)

annie, ode is doing great! she spent most the day saturday with me sleeping under a table at my booth. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Ella! I love the photos, love the name, love how much in love you all are with your new baby.

I huge, heart felt congrats!
((hugs)),
a.

Leah said...

what perfect pictures. so sweet! yay!

love the name too.

congrats to you on the new member of your fuzzy family!

daisies said...

ohhhhh, she is gorgeous ... so much adorable here :) xo

CurtissAnn said...

Very well named. You are both blessed. Thanks for sharing

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Sweet! Lovely family picture. :)

kj said...

oooooooohhhhhhh!

Julie said...

OMG, SO CUTE.
The fact that they are such good pals on day shows that this was the right thing to do, eh? Ella = perfect name.

Amy Gethins Sullivan said...

She is precious! Perfect name for her,Ella.
I am so happy for you!
~Amy~

Connie said...

I love Ella!!!!!!!!!

Peace & Love.

meghan said...

She's gorgeous!!!

I hope I get to meet her someday soon!

LOVE to you - I just realized how long it's been since we've written properly. I'm off this weekend so I'll write you properly!

LOVE to you - give Ella a kiss on the nose from me!

xo