Sunday, September 24, 2006

sunny.

It's a beautiful fall day, made even more beautiful because of the fact that you never know when it might be the last. I spent the day reading Eat, Pray, Love and drinking Ceylon tea while taking an hour long bubble bath. Afterwards, wolfie and I went for a long walk along the ridge. The air is cold and crisp; the sun is bright, making dappled patterns on the ground as it finds its way through the canopy of leaves. The park was busy today. We could see people in the distance, but the ridge was ours alone. I wish that ridge could go on forever. As I write, Vinny has an apple pie baking in the oven. I've just come inside after laying in the hammock, reading. The smell is warm and inviting. I have just finished my book. The cat is sleeping next to me.

I wish these days could last forever.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a divine day.
any day that has reading, hour-long bubble baths and snuggling pets is a winner.

Kristine said...

Sounds beautiful
and peaceful
and like
like HOME.
I am very pleased for you my sweet friend...

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed the wonderful day. And now...apple pie to top it off. Yummy!

bee said...

lovely. lovely, lovely, lovely.

you and i should have a virtual hammock date sometime soon, my dear.
(hugs)

Anonymous said...

Today was gorgeous...a perfect day to energize the body and spirit. And since Madam is feeling better, I was actually able to leave the house.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Jessie. Your words always float with such ethereal ease!

likearadio said...

perfect.