Tuesday, September 16, 2008

dream space: attained.

Several months ago I put in a request to the Universe for my dream studio to manifest itself in my life. At the time, I can't even tell you how far of a stretch it was to think that it might actually happen.

Well, my friends, I'm happy to say that it really is possible for dreams to come true. Granted, I'm still standing here blinking my eyes in shock...but you can bet that I'm smiling like a maniac at the same time!

But I need to back up a second because there's more...

A few weeks ago I was offered a business proposal. As you might be guessing...I accepted.

Yesterday we signed a lease agreement for a 2,200 square foot renovated warehouse space in the NE Arts District of Minneapolis. And let me just say: IT IS BEAUTIFUL!!!

I met my new business partner on Monday, July 21st--the first day of relaunching the Be Brave Project. I will always remember that date because it was when my life took a huge and positive turn. Of course, at the time, I didn't know how my life would change. I didn't know that she would become such an incredible friend and I certainly didn't know we would go into business together! All I knew was that I felt the shift, the sensation of transformation taking place. The feeling can only be explained as molecular, but I recognized it as the same physical/mental/whole-being response I felt that day while shoveling snow.

This new studio space has absolutely everything I wished for and more. Huge south and east facing windows, exposed brick, towering ceilings, timber beams, a view of downtown...there's even railroad tracks outside our window! And, you know, I have an affinity for trains ever since my old train hopping days...but that's probably another story.

I feel very grateful to share a very deep connection with the woman I'm going into partnership with. She will be teaching motivational workshops for corporate clients and leading travel adventure groups for the purpose of helping animals in need, both nationally and abroad. Together, we are forming an unstoppable force and will be doing work that is deeply meaningful to both of us--each in our own way. I am Stray Dog Arts. My new business partner is about to become Stray Dog Adventures. And TOGETHER we are Stray Dog Arts and Adventures! I have to admit, I feel a bit like the Wonder Twins, but I have to say, we really are that good together! :)

Needless to say, I have just entered a whole new stage of my life. I am no longer just "me" painting dogs because I love them. That is the foundation of what I will continue to do...but this is also my opportunity to make my life look any way I want. The universe has granted me an astounding gift in leading me to this friendship and partnership. It has given me a huge gift in giving me such an incredible space from which to work from--to paint, to lead workshops, to hold photo shoots, to host events, to fund raise, to sell my art, to write, to simply breathe.

This, my friends, blows my wildest dreams out of the water. I can't really describe why or how, but my life, and the experiences I'm capable of having, have only recently opened up in so many ways. I mean, seriously...me? with my very own gallery space?!?! Running self-created workshops?! Creating in a studio space that will take people's breath away?! And a huge potential for travel and animal rescue?! {still blinking...}

My focus right now is to build a business and partnership that is wildly successful. One that is built of connection and heart. I want my life to be big. I want it to be bold. And I want my business to make a difference--in the lives of animals and people. Our lives are so full of possibility. Each and everyone of us has such a deep pool of potential. The trick is not only in recognizing it, but trusting it. I am still learning this--an endless process? I have no idea how I got to this moment and, yet, I know that everything has led to this.

All I know is that I feel like the luckiest person in the world.
(Thank you, Universe.)


Looks like "mondo-beyondo" isn't so far out of reach after all.
{mind you, I'm still in awe!!}

~

25 comments:

Carmen said...

Congratulations! That is awesome!!! I just recently discovered your "Be Brave" project and I'm ready to embrace it.

Best of luck in your new adventure.

xo,

carmen

Tanaya said...

...and to think, I knew you "when". :)

I am dancing for you right now. Dancing and laughing and singing and exploding with happiness.

Congratulations and continued success.

debra said...

That's what can happen when you are brave :-) Kudos to you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!
You continue to inspire and inspire and inspire....
Keep stepping forward!

daisies said...

how absolutely fabulous :)

the universe, she be a pretty cool place i am thinking, knowing, living ... its amazing to me how when we open ourselves up, it just becomes so real ... lately, i have been wanting someone to pinch me to see if i am awake because dreams in the awake are the best!! so glad yours are dancing alongside you ... that studio space looks amazing, xo

GreenishLady said...

Oh, Jessie, it makes me so happy to read this. I haven't been very present in the past couple of months, I know, but I've been keeping an eye on what's been happening here and am so happy for you.

Amber said...

You are so flippin' crazy amazing!
Your words here are filled with energy and Light. Go you!

:)

Sharon said...

Your happiness and positive attitude warm me... I feel your joy... All the best to you, always!

Unknown said...

You are amazing! I am SO EXCITED for you!
Cheers to you woman! I am beaming reading this!

Olivia said...

I too am so happy for you...it is incredibly perfect...and seeing your mondo-beyondo becoming real is amazing! You deserve ALL of these good things, Jessie. Love, O xxoo

Anonymous said...

OMG, that is soooo frickin' awesome Jessie. Congratulations for manifesting so powerfully. You are an inspiration!!!!

daringtowrite said...

What an inspiration! Congratulations!

pERiWinKle said...

aaahhhh!!!!!!

coooooolllllll!!!!!!


awesomeeeee!!!!!


wheeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!


yayyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are blessed! xx

pERiWinKle said...

aaahhhh!!!!!!

coooooolllllll!!!!!!


awesomeeeee!!!!!


wheeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!


yayyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are blessed! xx

Sharon P Pope said...

That's wonderful, Jessie! Wishing you all the best with your new adventure. :) Sharon

Anonymous said...

Oh, Jessie!!!!! I'm so happy for you. You are flying!!! xoxox

Teaworthy said...

WOW! Inspirational. Love your blog and your work. I'm really enjoying my teacup painting too from the Etsy store.

Anonymous said...

This post made me tear up with joy. I am right behind you in this journey to do art full time and it is all because of Being Brave. So happy for you!

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Wiggling on my chair out of sheer joy for you! :)

meghan said...

I am in tears and in awe of YOU. I am just so happy and proud of you -

LOVE to you and your inspiring self!!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

I come here and read and say to myself, "look what is possible when one begins" and "look what is possible when one dreams and trusts and risks and leaps."

Colorsonmymind said...

oh babes-

I am trying to contain my bit o freaky. It has been forever since I have sat down to read blogs. Tonight I had so many photos to edit, but opened bloglines anyway.

And here is this exciting wonderful post. CONGRATS love! You are such a creator.

And it is mighty strange that on my drive home from a shoot tonight I was thinking of winter coming and how much I would love a large studio-just like this one in the photo;) to use for taking portraits in the winter and to have a place to meet clients.

Anyway-based on our past talks, you can imagine my bit o freaky about how the universe often uses you to communicate big things.

So I think I must make a mondo beyondo list and stick to being brave every day.

Love you sweetness.

XOXO

Veritory said...

Congratulations!!! Found you by Blue Dog and then the link to come over here... (-: Also, I love the Be Brave project and am proudly wearing your badge on my site.

The Universe is just cool!

Tory
fourthpointofcontact.blogspot.com

gkgirl said...

congratulations!!!!
i am SO excited for you...
that is fantastic new...
:0)
you will shine brilliantly.

AscenderRisesAbove said...

a lovely blog... and now i have studio envy!