Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Etsy Shop Now Open!!

GRAND OPENING!!!

Hello everyone!! I am excited to announce that my new Etsy shop, Patch Of Sky, is now OPEN! I hope you'll stop by and check it out. I'll be posting new items on a regular basis so, please, come back again and again and again!

My latest obsessions have been coffee cups, skyscapes, and the odd beauties that I unexpectedly stumble upon in my daily experiences of the world. These days, I'm feeling like I could paint forever.

I chose the name "Patch Of Sky" for my etsy because a couple of years ago, during a particularly difficult time in my life, I started looking towards the sky for healing and inspiration. I would always try to memorize its details--but, of course, it was impossible. The sky is an ever-changing thing. Perhaps this is part of its beauty. The sky contains space. It contains breath. It contains peace. Looking upward is a habit that stuck with me. To me, painting is another form of sky-gazing--and it causes me to fall in love with this world of color over and over and over. Color is endless.

I hope you enjoy what you see and that
you'll stop by to visit often! :)


You can find my shop at:
www.patchofsky.etsy.com
Lots of love,
Jessie

20 comments:

Amber said...

I am on my way to check you out!

love the Bucks cups. ;) All that picture needs is an old-fashioned and that would my favorite part of the day.

So you like the sky...When were you born again?

:)

Jessie said...

amber, i was born in december. i'm a fire sign...but, who knows, maybe its the sky that makes me burn a little brighter. ;)

Loralee Choate said...

OMG! That is so cool. Dude, I think I am the only person on the planet to not have an Etsy shop.

However, when I reflect, this is probably a good thing because if I did it would be full of things like drawings of stick figures and this dog I learned how to draw in jr. high completely out of circles and maybe a paper clip bracelet if I'm feeling super creative and crafty.

Yah. I'm much better off just browsing through your store...

Olivia said...

Congratulations, Jessie, what a beautiful shop! A big step, a great step!

Leah said...

congratulations!!! the shop looks absolutely fab. i'm so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

congrats, jessie!

Melanie Margaret said...

This makes me so Happy to see.
:)

I love the name "Patch of Sky"
and the meaning behind it!

XO,
Melba

Anonymous said...

Girlfriend, I am so, so happy for you. I'm heading over to your shop to take a look around. Wishing you success - but more importantly, I am so glad you are doing something you love. xo.

Anonymous said...

WOOOHOOO!!

give me a J
give me an E
give me an S

you know where i'm going with this.

Karen Smithey said...

The shop is wonderful--and the paintings, too. Good for you!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am SOOO happy for you! This is awesome. :-D Hurray!

You rock, girlfriend! *clapclapclap*

Elizabeth said...

Really Lovely Jessie! Well Done from me to you, a very BIG well done.

I just love your paintings. They are excellent and you oviously have a great talent. I particularly like the subject matter.
Very cool.
Hugs, E

madelyn said...

I LOVE your shoppe!

i bought the prettiest mug and
it reminds me of breakfast
in small cozy diners with the smell
of eggs and bacon with rye toast
and marmalade -

it reminds me of the morning paper
and love and the link of humanity
- the beaming smiles of
waitresses - and

love!

madelyn said...

I meant to say I bought YOUR
beautiful painting

the cafe mug:)

Jen said...

hi..jen here
the shop is so great!
congratulations on the shop...and the painting : )

I intend to look for the book you mentioned in your comment at melba's...

kj said...

woo hoo jessie. it looks just great.

i'll be a-visiting with my shopping bag...

:)

Anonymous said...

...throwing roses and bouquets of wildflowers.....
Congratulations! This is fabulous news and I am on my way to check it out!
And I love how personal experiences helped you come up with a name for your shop. It's perfect.
xo

meghan said...

HEY YOU!! Congratulations!!!!! I am SO thrilled for you! I'm going to go over for a peek!!

SO proud of you!!

xo

Vedrana M. said...

i'm sure i had left a comment here before..oh, well
congratulations on your etsy shop, love the name :)

Vanessa/NessieNoodle said...

beautiful! I will have to wander on over to etsy. gorgeous work...
and thank you for the post above about lists and asking the universe.
I just finished reading an article in yoga journal about time management.. and I think besides asking and listing, making that space between each step more- finding the space between ya know?

(have been lurking a bit on your site, thought I would say hello)

cheers!