Since there was no parking nearby, I had to walk several blocks to get there. It is warm and sunny and I felt like I was emerging from a very cold, dark, and dusty cocoon. Aaaah! It felt good. The city has come alive in all its strange ways. This thaw is releasing new smells into the world--some good and some not-so-good. But the second I stepped out of my car, I was immediately grateful for my decision to take a few moments from my day and enjoy myself.
Afterwards, I went to an art gallery next door to the restaurant. I figured, why cut a good date short? Anyway, I've been meaning to stop in and check it out ever since I moved here six months ago. I ended up having a great conversation with the girl working there, an artist about my age who does photography and mixed media. She gave me a some contact information on inexpensive studio spaces in town and told me about some upcoming art-crawls that I should visit. After an excellent conversation, we finally got around to introducing ourselves, shook hands, and I went on my merry way with a smile on my face, thinking about how friendly Minneapolis artists are. Hell yeah! Ok...that was a good first artist's date. And I'm saving that studio space info. I can't afford it yet, but having a real studio again is definitely on my wish list!
Today left with me with a feeling of possibility...and so it feels like a good time to make my list of "coulds" (rather than "shoulds").
- I could try to write the entire story in the form of a poem.
- I could continue eating healthier.
- I could write letters. You know, the old fashioned kind.
- I could get a Bernese Mountain Dog (awwww...I want one so bad).
- I could finish cleaning and organizing my basement studio space.
- I could start doing sit-ups.
- I could rearrange my writing space in order to help me gain a new perspective.
- I could finish some of the books I've started (you should see the pile I have stacked next to my bed!).
- I could slow down.
- I could start meditating again. It's been a long time (years?).
- I could say thank you to each day by welcoming the sacred back into my life and taking time to breathe.
- I could paint a self portrait (because I've been wanting to all week).
There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. ~ Albert Einstein