Friday, January 09, 2009

FAITH--5 little letters to help keep you moving in the direction of your North star


Today I am nixing the word "struggle" from my vocabulary.

Good bye, struggle.
**see Jessie smiling and waving goodbye**

Hello, Faith.
**see Jessie enjoying a deep sigh of relief**

Sometimes it's easy to get scared or anxious or to lose trust in ourselves and in the power of the Universe. But today I want to remind myself of a little word that works magic. Yep, FAITH is what keeps me afloat in-between. It is what reminds me to breathe. It reminds me to trust. Faith is the bridge between ideas and results. Not to mention, faith is way better than struggle. Definitely.

These letters are part of an ongoing project:
"WORD OF THE DAY :: living life one word at a time."
Today's word is FAITH. May this word be a gentle reminder to believe in everything you put your heart into.
See more letters and words at my Patch of Sky Etsy shop, here.

~

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I love this post. I've always thought I had FAITH, but this year I've seen FAITH in action. And, it's awesome!
This afternoon my husband was trying to fix the pool filter which hasn't run for months, since we haven't been swimming. I could hear his futile attempts to get it going with each bang of the hammer. Immediately I prayed. "Please God, fix the thing for him so he doesn't waste the entire afternoon fixing the filter, like everything else he tries to fix. Please??" One more bang. Viola! Fixed. Thanks God, for giving me a few extra moments to enjoy with my husband!

Samosas for One said...

Very true

Barbara Butler McCoy said...

Ahh, the power of the Universe ... This may sound, well, interesting, but I believe the Universe sees me way more completely than I see myself. When I feel the Universe nudging me to do something I know to keep the faith in its kindness.

Curious, too, that you chose 'faith' yesterday because I sat at a light behind a car with the license plate "F8TH"!!

Unknown said...

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for
and the evidence of things we cannot see...

This is a line from one of my favorite songs.
It's also a bible verse.

Drain Cleaning Tampa said...

Nice sharee