Thursday, January 12, 2006

technological advancements in vocabulary

I've been "tagged" by greensatya and since I am forever greedy for reasons to procrastinate what I should be doing, I'm happy for the invitation to take a break.

4 jobs you've had in your life:
  1. produce seller (sold fruits and veggies to Chris Farley whenever he was on a diet--he was an asshole)
  2. coffee barista (I loved the coffee as much as the people! That was a great job/s)
  3. floral designer (for 9 years--too long!)
  4. teacher (my favorite and current job)
4 movies you would watch over and over:
  1. Herald and Maude (Herald inspired me to learn banjo. I want to grow up to be like Maude)
  2. When Harry Met Sally (As a matter of fact, I watched it last night!)
  3. Born into Brothels (my newest favorite--heartbreaking and inspiring all at once)
  4. Gorillas in the Mist (Dian Fossey is one of my heroes)
4 places you have lived:
  1. Eugene, Oregon (my first big move across the country at 18)
  2. In a hogan in the high desert of Arizona
  3. In a 10' x 12' shack with no water or electricity in the middle of nowhere
  4. Madison, Wisconsin (a little bit on accident, but returned repeatedly)
4 tv shows you love to watch:
  1. Free Style
  2. Animal Planet (which show? I don't know--the good ones)
  3. Friends (ok, ok, I admit it!)
  4. Northern Exposure (dang, why don't they produce that one anymore???)
(note: two months ago I got cable for the first time in 13 years. I admit, I'm still tv ignorant but, in my book, that's a good thing.)

4 places you have been on vacation:
  1. India (but I think I was there for too long to call it a vacation)
  2. Malaysia (a short, but happy accident)
  3. England, Ireland, France (in 1999)
  4. Italy (for our honeymoon in 2003)
4 of your favorite foods:
  1. Samosas (oh--I'm sooooooo hungry for samosas!!!)
  2. Malai Kofta (why didn't I learn how to cook Indian food???)
  3. Potato chips (my true weakness in life)
  4. Dilly beans (hot dill pickled string beans--a family recipe that I've been addicted to since I was a kid)
4 places you would rather be right now:
  1. India (do I have to be picky?)
  2. Costa Rica (lounging in a hammock overlooking the ocean from a tree house, reading a good book)
  3. France (drinking a glass of wine or sipping an espresso)
  4. Gallery hopping in New York (art inspiration!)
Tag--You're it!!
  1. Tara Dawn
  2. Amber
  3. Wenda
  4. Erin
  5. And the rest of you yahoooooos that read this blog.

Thanks Satya!


greensatya said...

Thanks for playing the tag.

You had rather interesting jobs in your life.
Samosa, Malai Kofta - I think you get these things in US. Heard that Indian food is really popular there.

The vacation plan in Costa Rica seems so exciting !

Jessie said...

Since I live in a smallish town I unfortunately cannot get either samosas or malai kofta here. :(
I'm in luck this week though--my sister is bringing me some from the city where she lives, 4 hours away. Indian food is becoming quite popular ...but in small town midwestern USA, it's still hard to find. Maybe that's a good thing--I'd get fat from eating too much otherwise!

Wenda said...

Congratulations on being able to stop at just four of anything!

I'll probably be skipping some of the questions and over-responding to the rest, but not in one post and not in any predictable fashion.

It's not that I intend to be so uncooperative, but I can be difficult to lead.