Monday, January 02, 2006

Dearest friends,

One week left of winter break and I have not yet written one word for my thesis. I have drawn an elaborate cluster-brainstorming-thing with extensive doodling, but other than that--nilch. I spent the day on the verge of panic, feeling a little swallowed by the enormous amount of work that threatens my existence in the coming semester.

Starting tomorrow morning at 8am--I do not exist--not in person anyway.

I am unplugging the phone and refraining from any and all social activity. Please understand. It's not because I don't want to talk to you. Actually, I love you dearly and have enjoyed the many conversations we've had. But for now, it must be this way.

I've left the planet. Will blog.

Love,
Jessie

1 comment:

daringtowrite said...

I imagine you having started and now being deep in the flow of it. I look forward to hearing how it goes when you emerge.