Tuesday, August 30, 2005

It's morning.

And here I sit in the dark, comforting confines of my office once again awaiting another round of 8am classes. The cup of coffee at my side is becoming dangerously low. Luckily the coffee pot to my other side is primed and ready to go.

But the sun has been up for an hour already. It's been light out for even longer. Soon winter will descend on us, but for now the woods have become incredibly beautiful. Fall is, by far, my favorite season. It was a foggy drive with a near catastophe... a fawn ran out into the road in front of me. I slammed on the brakes, tires squealing, purse dumping... and the poor little thing, in her scramble, fell. I heard her hooves scraping on the pavement to get up, which she quickly did and ran away--unharmed except for possibly a bumped or bruised knee.

Yesterday I was trapped in a parking lot at Thrifty White by 3 cop cars, an ambulance, and a fire truck. I watched them help an old woman who had fallen while her husband, on an oxygen tank watched helplessly. It was 45 minutes before I was able to get out.

Uh man... life is precarious.

Anyway-- Carpe Dium! Class begins in 12 minutes!

No comments: