Monday, July 25, 2005

Since it's raining...

...I have big plans for today including staying home, drinking lots of tea with cream and sugar, and writing. It's a dark day filled with thunder and lightening. A candle burns on my desk, music plays oh so soft. I'm home alone with two sleeping cats and a sleeping dog. Conditions are perfect.

I have eight days to write 20 pages creative nonfiction, 10 pages of literary reflection, and 8 poems. Reading more might not happen. Enough reading for now. I have only one thing left to do and that is write. The rest is only a distraction.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

you know, vinny says working in a kitchen is REALLY HARD WORK because it's REALLY busy. tell me the truth adam, should i believe him?

by the way, how's your writing coming? i heard you've been working hard too. (rumors.) what's this about a borrowed cabin--a writing hide-out? sounds nice. good luck to you also!

Jessie said...

Smart answer on first question. Vinny will be pleased to know that you are complying with the codes of chef conspiracy.

As for the second bit of information:
Amen.

And the third:
Double Amen. Yes, i agree. I wonder if they would accept a thesis proposal titled "But...It's Too Haaaaarrrd!" I've also written more about the hardships of writing than actually doing it. What a waste of energy. I think I've written a book (or two) already. Do you think anyone would publish that stuff? ha! We'd be in business!

Yeah, ok. Back to work. I admit: I blog to procrastinate real writing.