Saturday, July 23, 2005

8:57 pm: waiting for magic

I thought I had something to say. hmmm... but I guess not.

I think I need coffee. Strong coffee.

Anyway, I broke down and bought a porcelain cup today, handmade by the Husbys... only because it is blue, blue on the outside and black on the inside and has strange looking hieroglyphics on it. I'm quite sure they are ancient or alien symbols holding magical qualities that if filled with coffee, cream, and sugar will give me the vision needed to write. I hope it works. If not, I'm going to have to start taking vitamins.

6 comments:

v said...

you bought another cup?!?

Jessie said...

hahahaha! i couldn't help myself! i have an appreciation for the finer things in life. hence, there's two things i collect: coffee cups and books. don't pretend you didn't know that. anyway, when we move we'll get rid of all the boring ones. i promise. either that or we'll look for a place with more kitchen cabinet space.

nrlaumei said...

Wow. I didn't realize the implication of "the cup" -- I'd forgotten that you two are the uncontested reigning Queen and King of cups.

Audrey said...

The Queen of Cups is a woman who is imaginative, good-natured, and possibly psychic. Also spiritual, sexual, secretive, complex, aloof, or in control.

(I'd keep buying cups.)

Jessie said...

Thank you Audrey. I'll make sure V. reads your comment.

v said...

I am not the King of Cups.