Saturday, February 11, 2006

soup

Old buildings are cool, but after 4 hours of sitting in the gallery I came home frozen solid. 2 1/2 hours later and I think my nose has finally thawed. I give the hot bowl of soup and cup of tea all the credit. Well, that and the space-heater. But the soup--mmmm. Sicilian lentil with tomatoes and portabello mushrooms and fennel, oh yeah--it hit the spot. But now I'm being swallowed by sleepiness, a dangerous feeling because I vowed productivity today.

won't..........give.......
up........
yet.

6 comments:

Signora B. said...

That Soup sounds heavenly.
Is there a recipe available??????

Jessie said...

well, not technically a recipe, but I can tell you what's in it...

lentils, shell pasta, onion, carrots, celery, portabello mushrooms, chopped garlic, chicken stock, fennel (not too much), tummeric, salt, pepper...and when it's almost done add a fresh chopped tomato and a couple tablespoons of olive oil. and voila! :)

Jessie said...

oh yeah, and sprinkle with some fresh grated parmesan on top. yum!

Sky said...

Must make this for my honey. Thanks for the recipe. We love soup, and the weather may become colder next week, I hear.

Friday I had lunch outside by the lake, watching the ducks fish for their lunch, and enjoying the sun's warmth for the first time in several months - in a cotton T-shirt! Finally the rain has run away.

Signora B. said...

thank you for the recipe.I shall try it as soon as possible.
Have a great sunday.

Jessie said...

signora: my pleasure!

sky: your lunch by the lake sounds wonderful! warm sun? what's that?