Saturday, October 13, 2007

a post to bury the last post.

I woke up this morning with the desire to delete last night's blog entry. Why? Well, mostly because it's slightly pathetic and also because I know that the only way to get a better job is to just do the work. There is also the very possible possibility (mmm...I like that phrase: "possible possibility" ;)) of something extraordinary happening. You know, like I just happen to be at the right place at the right time....but, until then, there's only one way to go about this and that is to continue moving forward with patience and perseverance.

Perseverance--yep, there's that Julia Cameron word again. Whenever I think of that word, I think of her book, Finding Water. Granted, many of us had a hard time getting through the book. Nevertheless, it is a word that I've become strangely fond of. Don't get me wrong, perseverance isn't all things should be. I want a certain amount of spark and charm and magic to be included in my days as well.

And speaking of books...there's another book that I have been enjoying immensely lately which is Sabrina Ward Harrison's The True and the Questions: A Journal. If you're doing the Be Brave project, or even if you're not, there's a greatly inspiring section, "Leaving Ripples," (page 24-49) that I highly suggests visiting. Well, actually, the entire book is worth visiting, but that chapter is especially centered around the notion of bravery.

One thing that amazes me the most about doing one thing that scares me every day is how each little action creates a ripple effect in all other aspects of my life. I am finding this project to be a very big lesson in the connectivity of all things. I start thinking about how I want one thing to turn out and realize that it has a lot to do how this other thing turns out has a lot to do with this has a lot to do with that. It is quite mind boggling, to be honest. And if I didn't have to get ready to go to work in the next 5 minutes, I would love to try and write more about this. Alas, I do not have time.

Instead I am going to perform an experiment today to see how many people I can get to smile. And, in turn, I'm going to see how many times their smiles make me smile. And if my smile makes someone else smile....well, see where I'm going with this?... :)

3 comments:

Marie said...

Possibility has always been one of my favorite words...now I think I like possible possibility even more! I, too, have been mesmerized by thoughts of how all things are connected, and it makes me believe more in more of the power of the divine to create such beautiful, amazing opportunities for us. I believe there are some great things coming your way Miss Jessie! thanks for the book title and the Brave project. It's an awesome idea! Can't wait to see the outcome of your smile project. Have a blessed day.

Anonymous said...

Well, you just made ME smile.

Anonymous said...

i love you, polkaroo.

this project is so life changing... :)

-bee