i covered the bottom of my foot in too small bandaids and carried on. luckily i didn't need stitches. luckily i only jabbed through about ten layers of skin and it stopped there. luckily schmuckily.
but now that i'm done complaining (thank you for listening), i'll survive.
in other news...we got a big delivery of pumpkins, straw, and corn husks. good god, it was beautiful! ok, someone please tell me...when did my life get this weird??? but let's face it: pumpkins bring happiness. anyway, half our block was filled with the happiness of bright color. orange! orange orange! entire busloads of kids squealed with delight. i kid you not, the whole neighborhood lit up with smiles and excitement. strangers waved at me and smiled. i beamed smiles right back. it was wonderful and so never mind that it was in the 90's today (ok, i might be exaggerating, but it felt like it!). autumnal antisipation is in the air.
and on a non-work related note...
if i could do anything in the world, i would:
- sew my own very cool, very funky clothes
- paint a huge painting
- and then another
- and another
- travel back to india
- and british columbia
- and san franciso
- and the mountains down south (which mountains are those?) :)-
- live in a renovated barn
- out in the country
- with a getaway in the city
- take a class at MCAD
- and the loft
- and read approximately 500 books (or so...)
- then write at least a dozen letters
- fill a few journals
- and doodle the hell out of my moleskine japanese album
- buy lots of soap and paper
- i'd go camping, just me and my dogs
- drive an old truck (with louis as my cohort, of course!)
- paint my walls blue or fuscia or red or orange or...
- and the ceilings
- and the floors
- and a big, magical mural