Tuesday, January 09, 2007

paper lamps and bright stars...

I should be in bed right now. But instead I'm listening to Pandora (thanks to Vesper), drinking a warm cup of chai (thanks to Sophie), and celebrating the fact that I have finally entered my first story in a very long time.

I've been traveling the pages of my old India journals, piecing together memories, reconstructing a self from a not-so-distant past, and feeling much more alive and real than I have in quite some time.

Funny how writing has a way of doing that.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

it is funny how
writing will do that
to you...

Anonymous said...

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy

just had a moment like that myself...awesome, ain't it.

Anonymous said...

Jessie - i would love to
hear little flashbacks of your
trip to India -

off to check that Pandora...

hgus!

liz elayne lamoreux said...

this is wonderful! so glad you spent some time in your story and writing. sooooo goooood!

blessings to you (we have snow today and i thought of you and how excited you were for the first snow of the year!)

Anonymous said...

Lovely news to hear you're writing stories again - and great illustration.

Anonymous said...

Yeah Jessie, don't you love it when that happens? It's like reliving experiences all over again, but in the mind.

Like I've climbed to the top of a Myan pyramid. There at the top, my arms open wide and spinning around, what a sight. There I was thousands of miles and one right turn from home. Looking from the top to the ground, promising myself, I'd come back some day. And what I love the most is I can do that each and everyday. All I have to do is look into my written words and my memories make everything come alive. How exciting India must have been for you.

Admin said...

one of the things i look forward to most is going to india. i'm glad you like pandora so much! i adore it!!!

Anonymous said...

pandora is the best thang that's happened to me since sliced bread. What stations did you make for yourself?