Friday, March 17, 2006

finding focus...

My mind is turning into an unruly beast. Or worse, it's acting like a 2 year old that won't listen. Today marks day 2 of writing my rhet. theory comp. Yesterday the first half came somewhat easily, but today my brain is starting to buck. I'm having difficulty with wanting to say everything all at once and therefore not being able to say anything at all.

Oh, but I know it will come. The books I checked out from the library are reminding me how absolutely fascinating some of this stuff is. It's good to come back to it now that I've gotten the bitter taste out of my mouth. I can also see that I have a lifetime of learning in front of me.

Today, however, I have just 2-3 more (coherent) pages to produce. Then onto planning an Oscar Wilde presentation...and then Comp. #2. But I need to relax and enjoy the process of this. I should know by now that it's only when I get nervous or overwhelmed that I begin to suffer from the ugliness of Defiant-unruly-mind Syndrome.

No comments: