Tuesday, April 05, 2005

It's still Tuesday, right?

Ok... I haven't yet accomplished anything I set out to do today. But it's still not too late. The windows are open. The cats are laying in the sill pretending that they're outside. For the first time since winter decended on us many months ago, I can hear wind in the popals and pines. The trees have finally thawed and are able to bend in the wind, making a sound that resembles the ocean if you stand still long enough to listen to it.

This afternoon instead of staying on task I went to town to pay bills. Abe sat in the front seat, Anu in the back. Noses poking out of windows. When I asked Abe: "Wanna go see Vinny?" He cocked his head and made a goofy grin. He could hardly sit still until we got to campus and rescued Vinny from his dark office and went for a walk. The dogs went swimming in the open water along the lake. Abe was happy to walk in town (a city dog at heart) while Anu, the wolfie, acted like the wild beast that she is. They turned heads and caused smiles as we walked across the parking lot back to the truck. And then sighed and snored the whole way home. My truck smells like a big dirty wet dog. Oh, the sweet smells of warm weather.

Now they are sleeping. Content with the excursion. And I am now going to accomplish what I set out to do this morning. Homework. With windows open, birds chirping, and cats making clicking sounds in the back of their throats as they listen too.

Thank god for Tuesdays.... or at least, this one.

No comments: