Friday, December 26, 2008

what it feels like to live an inspired life...

I feel refreshed today. As long as I don't think too hard about the long to-do list that grows each time I give my attention to it, I feel like I've entered yet another new beginning. I am bringing my very first year of the creation of Stray Dog Arts to a close...and I am looking forward to all that the next year will bring.

This morning I feel like anything is possible. I feel hopeful, expectant. I believe that, in my own way, I am capable of changing the world for the better. For me, that change comes through helping dogs in need. It comes through my art--both painting and writing. It comes from following my heart and, in turn, sharing that journey with others who are trying to find their way to their own heart's path.

What if we really, truly believed in ourselves? What if we actually did all the things that we are pulled to do? What if we let inspiration lead us in whatever direction it might take us--however unexpected?

Today I can feel my heart. And, even better, I can feel what it wants from me.

It has been a successful year of finding myself. It contained the full range of highs and lows and, in the process, I came to know myself better than I ever have before. I feel a sense of confidence that has deepened and expanded the possibilities in my life. The terrain has been treacherous in getting to this place, but I'm loving the view from where I now stand. I'll probably be tested over and over again--even so, I'm beginning to understand that taking those lessons in stride will always bring me to an even better place than the one I leave behind.

Today I am thankful for this space--this blog--and all of the powerful, empowered women that it connects me to. It is good to be reminded that everything we do does matter. What we are capable of matters. We matter. Our hearts' desires matter. Our passion, our inspiration, our dreams--they matter because they are capable of changing everything.

And a beautiful example lives through Maggie Doyne. I found this video over at Superhero Journal.
Watch. Enjoy. Dream.
And most importantly: Do.




That's me in the middle. In the Himalayas of Ladahk (northern India). Circa 1997.
My heart feels pulled.

May I return someday soon.
Namaste,
Jessie

~

10 comments:

Deirdre said...

I watched the video and went to the website and I'm completely blown away by what this young woman has accomplished.

Barbara Butler McCoy said...

Wow! I come here from persisting stars and find myself crying tears of joy and hope and inspiration. Your encouragement to follow our hearts and Ms. Doyle's story are amazing. All I can say is 'Thank you!'

Sharon said...

I've listened to many, many motivational speakers over the years... almost nothing of what they said stuck with me....
But YOU... you inspire me each time I read a post.
Thank you, Jessie!

Jamie Lees said...

I feel inspired for 2009. Thanks for reminding us what is important.

Connie said...

Dear Jessie,

My life is more full, more blessed. more abundant because of your spirit existing in my world. Your dreams, over the last few months, have fueled my own inspiration...and the good you have done in this world goes further then the love you actually feel. Thank you for keeping this blog. Thank you for sharing so much of yourself. Thank you for having such an open heart.

Peace & Love.

Amber said...

It has been such a pleasure and inspiration to watch you build and launch your ship, this last year. such a pleasure to see what you have made possible for yourself, and also how you share yourself with us.

Thank you for that, friend.

I showed my mom-in-law your paintings when she was here on Christmas, and she just love what you do.

I know this next year will only be more beautiful!

love you!

:)

Unknown said...

Thinking of you. Such a great post. I'm inspired by what you have said.

meghan said...

you constantly inspire me! Just knowing you are in the world inspires me!

I know you'll get back to India - this year is going to bring GREAT BIG FAT JUICY blessings and abundance. I kNoW IT!

xo
love you!

Anonymous said...

Hi, your blog is truly inspirational and uplifting. I'm truly honored to have found it.

Black Ops Zombies Anonymous said...

Goodd job