Wednesday, September 14, 2005

offer #2

We got another offer on the house today. That is what we were hoping for, but now that it's happened I think it's safe to say that it's all still a gamble. The first offer was from a girl that reminds me of myself and the second from a couple who have been looking for the last 3 years. By accepting an offer from couple #2, girl #1 has only 72 hours to come up with the financing. If she can't, then couple #2 gets it. But if their financing falls through they can still back out. If that happens we can start from scratch with girl #1, but who knows if she will still want it.

I like girl #1. I want her to live here. And I hope she knows that. But when it comes down to it, V. and I are in a bind. We need something to happen sooner than later. We need to sell. The sad part is that this selling of a house is a very impersonal thing. I want to give girl #1 a call and wish her luck and hope she hears the sincerity in my voice. As for couple #2... well, I just want whoever lives here next to be happy-- happy in love, happy in life. All of it. I want these walls to continue to be filled with love.

As for the rental, it looks like we're in competition with another group.

And so now something is happening...what is the question. I just want to know two things: 1) when is this going to happen? and 2) where will we be when it does??

oh, the world feels big and uncertain. One day, when I was walking down the driveway with girl #1, she looked at me and said, "It must be amazing not knowing where you're going next, knowing that you have so many options, so much freedom." She's right. But damn, it's scary.

1 comment:

Aspen said...

"oh, the world feels big and uncertain." definitely...
" 'It must be amazing not knowing where you're going next, knowing that you have so many options, so much freedom.' She's right. But damn, it's scary." absolutely...

your posts about the selling of your former home remind me my parents will be selling my childhood home soon... i wonder who will live there... will it be turned into a rental property-as other houses around it have over the past few years- will it be... god can i even think it - torn down for apt buildings or businesses?....
CRIMINAL.

that home was (and for a short time still is) filled with love, family, pets, memories... everything that happened to me for 23 years happened within that building... my home...