Sunday, March 20, 2011

Self Portrait :: {12} saying bon voyage to "Big Love"

"Big Love" has hereby been SOLD! Today I sold one of my most very favorite paintings I've ever done. It has now been delivered to its new home--and such a perfect home, it is! Even so, a proper goodbye was in order. I'm not sad, because I know that there are many more where this one came from...but it felt necessary to soak in as much of its color, love and inspiration as possible.

"Big Love" taught me how important it is to trust my instincts and to make sure that I allow time to occasionally paint just for myself. That is, after all, where the best paintings come from!

36" x 48" :: Oil on Canvas

365 Days of Self Portraits :: A Challenge

~

2 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

fabulous painting and might I say....huge!! That's courage.

marta said...

Love this painting of yours-----