Wednesday, September 09, 2009

The birth of new.

This is about the time of year when I start to get sick of warm weather. I begin to yearn for coolness of air. It inspires me, causes me to breathe deeper and has a way of expanding my body and brain from the inside out. I am a woman of winter, who loves fall without a doubt.

Yesterday I did something interesting. I went to visit a woman named Sage who taught me Shamanic Journeying. She traveled with me to find my power animal and also showed me how to find my human spirit guide.

I've learned a lot about myself since yesterday. I walked away with a lot of insight and information and a source to return to whenever I need it. I got a glimmer of what lies in front of me. It is incredible and colorful and expansive.

And so this is a bit of what it entails...

I'm going to start eating and cooking beautifully.
I'm going to take belly dancing lessons--and might even work on getting good enough to perform.
I'm going to sit in the woods and paint pictures of mushrooms.
I'm going to walk and meditate up on the hill in the vineyard.
I'm going to walk deep in the woods and beyond.
I'm going to invite magic to infuse my senses.
I'm going to stretch and listen to wild music while I paint.
I'm going to drink wine and tea and build bonfires and have fun.
I'm going to start watching out for myself.
I'm going to become more sacred and irreverent all at once.
I'm going to start doing lots of things and stop doing lots of other things.
I'm going to cackle and dance and paint dogs.
I'm going to bring women together.
I'm going to fly and stomp and leave this dimension entirely, at least for awhile.
I'm going to spend time with water.
I'm going to spread my wings to the current of the wind.
I'm going to write.
I'm going to eat tomatoes from the garden. And wild plums along the way.
I'm going to shed my old self.

This here is hereby the birth of someone new.

~

10 comments:

Tanaya said...

Happy Birthday, my Beautiful Friend.

Wishing you a safe and fulfilling journey and plenty of magic in your pockets (just in case!).

Samosas for One said...

This post made my eyes well up with tears. It is moving and beautiful. I am currently reading Broken Open by Elizabeth Lesser and it reminded me of that. Sending much magic your way...

taradawn said...

What an amazing experience, that is only yet beginning... my heart expands for you and my soul dances to a chant honoring you! Much love to you as always!
-taradawn

Karen D said...

sounds like you have some grand adventures ahead of you! Sounds like a great experience.

Amber said...

Is it your birthday today?! Happy day, whenever it is/was!!!

"I'm going to become more sacred and irreverent all at once."-- OH HELLS YEAH!! I love this.

beautiful, magical post.

:)

Jessie said...

Amber, it's just my metaphorical birthday. My real one's not until December. ;)

Connie said...

I love this Jessie. Love it. Love you.

And...just today I purchased a new journal..and began it with my own list of what I plan to dos!

We've been thinking of similar things.

Peace & Love.

mteacup said...

I think you are already doing alot of these things :-)

Unknown said...

So beautiful. Thank you.

Sharon P Pope said...

What a wonderful, inspiring post, Jessie. I love your list. Thank you for being the amazing woman that you are and for sharing yourself with us. :)