Thursday, January 10, 2008

This is what happens when bloggers get together:

The past few days I have been graced by the presence of fellow blogger, Ruby (from The Ruby Diaries). Traveling all the way from Texas, it was my absolute pleasure to have her as a guest in our home. Louis and Anu (being wonderful judges of character) fell head over heels (paws) in love with her. I, of course, did too. Louis took full advantage of her dog-heart nature and now he considers her his new best friend. When I came home alone from the airport early yesterday morning, Anu looked at me with disappointed and concerned eyes, like: "But...wha? Where iiis she???" Yes, Ruby captured all of our hearts and I can only hope that she will return someday very, very soon.

In the meantime, I already miss her incredibly!!!

Things I love about Ruby:
  • Her voice. It is so soft and comforting. I feel myself relax every time she says: "Heeey, Jessie." Her voice is so soothing and perfectly fits her profession as a psychologist.
  • Her big dog-heart. Ruby is as dog-crazy-loving as I am. She has a way with animals that make them immediately fall in love with her. Animals trust her and sense her gentle, playful nature. It is amazing to watch.
  • Her thoughtfulness. Ruby is one of the most thoughtful people that I have ever spent time with. Wow, I mean, she was so incredibly appreciative and flexible in such a wonderful way.
  • Her blogging name. If I ever have a girl, I might just have to name her Ruby. :)
  • Her curiosity. I loved seeing this city I've been calling home through her eyes. She asked lots of questions and, in doing so, enabled me to see things in a new way.
  • Her love of food. Ok, I really, really love food. And I can't tell you how much I enjoy hanging out with a kindred-food spirit. I mean, hey, she loves peppers! What more can I say?!
  • Her "video-letters." I love her video-letters!
  • Her blog--because she always seems to write about things that I can absolutely relate to.
  • Her absolutely fabulous RUBY-NESS! :) I just love everything about that girl!
{Pleeeease come baaaaaack, Ruuuuubyyyyyyyy!! I love ya, dear friend.
j.}

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh jessie, i had such a wonderful time hanging out with you, vinny, & the dogs (and the cats, hehe). i felt such a connection with you, and i know that this is the beginning of such a wonderful friendship. i hope to be back soon! i can't thank you enough for how kind you are and how you opened your home to me...xoxo!

Leah said...

awww, it sounds like you gals had a blast!! ((hugs to both of you from me)). xoxo

Anonymous said...

I loved this heartwarming post- life is so enriched when you share a friendship like this!
And your blog- well, I love it; what a great place for me to hang out and read!

Anonymous said...

See, I told you I couldn't stop reading here!...

I wanted to let you know that I am signing up to your Be Brave project. I have made a list of 101 things to do in the next 1001 days...some of which truly scare me but all of which- deep down inside- I really believe that I can do. Fear isn't going to hold me back anymore!

Thanks for inspiring and encouraging us all! You rock, girl!

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's awesome! I'm so glad that you had the opportunity to connect with a fellow blogger and friend.
Your hair is looking fab!

Unknown said...

Sounds like i was an incredible time - like two old friends reuniting. Actually is sounds even better than that!
Is it bad to admit I feel a little jealous??

Sharon said...

Jessie, I think YOU attract the best people! You found Loralee for us, now I have to read Ruby's blog!

Sharon said...

Well, guess Ruby's blog is password protected...:(

Tammy Brierly said...

She sounds amazing! Kindred spirits for sure. XXOO

kj said...

oh you two! i LOVE that this happened. amazing huh--you meet in person for the first time and know so much already--comfortable and real in a deep important way! here's to friendship!!

Loralee Choate said...

AWE!

I miss your little house!!!!

And you!!!!!!

It sounds like you had the BEST TIME!

Jessie said...

Sharon (and anyone else), if you'd like to read Ruby's blog, just email me and I will forward it to her. She loves to have readers, but password protected for professional reasons.

Really, honestly...all of you would love her blog. I'd be happy to forward any requests.

madelyn said...

oh sweetie what lovely cozy happy
time you had with lovely
ruby:)

I am so thrilled for you and
that glorious girly~time
and the photo of the two of you
on the laptops made laugh out loud:)

LOL

you are hysterical!

(hugs)

oh and re the photo ~ it's me
and it's a new thing i use
called a "hair straightener"
wow ~ takes all the
messy curls away:)

(hugs)

Melanie Margaret said...

Jessie,
Reading this post I was so jealous!
I would love to visit you sometime.

I would love to read Ruby's blog too.
A friend of yours is a friend of mine! ;)
XO,
Melba

Jamie ~ Wishcasting said...

What a wonderful treat! Blogging friends completely rock. I am so convinced that blogs are one of the Universe's ways to help us find our tribe. What a great connection!

Btw, I gave you an award. You can check it out on my blog!

Kelly said...

So cool! I have met 3 bloggers in person so far. What a great visit you two must have had.

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh, how cool to have your own "Blogapalooza"!!!!
Glad you had such an awesome time!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! Wow ... it sounds and looks as if you two had a blast. I am struck by how brave you two are, to meet up in person. That's something I need to work on -- to make fabulous and courageous leaps into friendships rather than shrink away in fear.

BTW, I've moved to a new blog:

http://swampgirl.wordpress.com/