So in the spirit of a tradition I started 9 years ago...
My List of Accomplishments in 2005:
- Survived teaching the research paper last spring and gained confidence in knowing that I can do it again.
- Had an incredibly talented class of writers this fall--and was inspired by them all.
- Realized that no matter how bad everything else was--I love teaching, every minute of it.
- Sold my house.
- Paid off 7 years worth of debt.
- Moved...found a place where all of us--Vinny, myself, Anu, and the cats are all happy. And it is exactly the type of place I imagined living in.
- Got settled in the new place--almost completely.
- Acquired some of the best neighbors I've ever had.
- Got active again--perpetual walking. Living in town allows me this.
- Finally wrote my thesis proposal.
- Had a painting exhibition in the big city of Minneapolis.
- Currently have a show hanging in the BCAC.
- Attempted (with some success) abstract landscapes. Loosened up my painting style and became more expressive in the process.
- Sold a painting for a nice sum of $$.
- Wrote several essays and a few poems that I feel good about.
- Traveled to Texas to spend time with my grandparents last spring.
- Went to Mexico for the first time.
- Traveled parts of Canada I had never seen before.
- Spend time with my sister's family.
- Made artist's books for the first time.
- Celebrated 2 years of marriage with my husband.
- Gained a few new friends.
- Painted my new writing room lime green.
- After a year of thinking about it, finally sat down to write my old painting instructor a long letter. I miss her dearly.
- Filled a couple journals.
- Started spending more time with friends.
- Decided to take a year off from school next year--I'm folllowing my heart--something I haven't done in too long.
Friends and family--Happy New Year to all of you! May you find happiness and creative inspiration in every day.
Here's to a new year and new beginnings!